We had a great start to 2012 with a New Year’s Eve dinner at the Pit (some of the best BBQ around) and an evening of entertainment at First Night Raleigh. For $9, we saw not one but two fireworks shows (and cheered on the giant acorn drop), heard some gypsy-style jazz, marveled at some parlor magic tricks, enjoyed some improv comedy, and basked in the mild temps that make New Year’s in the South so pleasant.
Here’s a few local hot spots that we’re hoping to try out in 2012:
- Scratch Bakery – How could we not like a bakery that chose to host their website at http://www.piefantasy.com?
- The Federal – Can’t believe we haven’t tried their burgers – but their short rib gnocchi might be calling my name instead.
- Toast - Again, it’s pretty much a travesty that we haven’t gotten a chance to try out their panini selection yet. Must rectify!
- Gourmet Kingdom – Supposed to be halfway decent Chinese food. We’ll believe it when we see it!
- Monuts Donuts – Donuts delivered via bike.
- Udupi - Still on our authentic Indian food to-do list
Happy Noo Year, everyone – and happy eating in the months ahead!