Only a few more weeks until my first year as a doctoral student ends and I head to DC and internship-land for the summer. Before I take off, here’s what I’m attempting to squeeze into my calendar:
- Checking out the newly updated North Carolina Museum of Art, which has a grand reopening on April 24th-25th. Their preview pics of reflecting pools & sculpture gardens look absolutely stunning. The night of the 24th, festivities include musical performances & fireworks. I’ll be out of town for the kickoff event itself, but you should go online for free tickets!
- Heading into some rapids at the U.S. Whitewater Center in Charlotte – a $50 day pass includes ziplines, kayakking, climbing and rafting. Tempted to try the Rodeo whitewater course!
- Re-living college quad concerts as Pat McGee rolls into Raleigh.
- Walking my booty off at UNC’s Relay for Life efforts to support the American Center Society as my team creates, “Hope for the Ta-tas”.
- Catching up on local foodie recommendations: Lantern for high-end Asian fusion, Watts Grocery for brunch, Toast for paninis, Only Burger for grease on the go, and Sawasdee in our quest to subsist soley off pad Thai and curry.
- Consuming as many Locopops as possible. You have to love a popsicle chain that makes charoset flavored treats for Passover.
- Lying in the sun in the Outer Banks. Any recommendations for pet-friendly lodging?
- And…finishing all my final projects. Sigh. Can’t we fast-forward past that part?!?